Friday, December 9, 2011

The Law of Believe

The following story is abstracted from one of the most inspiring BWW CD called,
 ATTITUDE by Dr. Harold Newball
The law of believe states that whatever one believes with feelings will influence ones performance. Self limiting beliefs will lead to negative performance; empowering beliefs will lead to positive performance.
There’s a young man who score straight As through high school, he applied to his college of choice and in order to get admitted to that college he had to take the SAT test, which is the Scholastic Aptitude Test.  He received the letter of acceptance from his college and they stated that his SAT scores 98 percentile. This young man did not understand what an SAT score was, he thought it was an IQ test. And so, we went to college, believing that his IQ was only 98. If your IQ is only 98, you’re not ganna make good grades in college. During his 1st semester in college, he made straight Ds, he failed all of his classes. His counsellor called him in at the end of the 1st semester and said, “what’s wrong with you? Why are you failing all your classes?”  He said, “ well, you can’t blame me because I only have an IQ of 98.” The counsellor said, “ what makes you believe that your IQ is 98?” He said, “because my admission letter to the college said that my SAT score was 98.” The counsellor said, “yong man, SAT score is not an IQ score. A score of 98 percentile means that you score equal to or better than all the students in North America who took that test! You IQ aren’t 98. You are a genius! You are one of the smartest students in this school! You should be making As!” and that semester, that student made As in all of his classes.
Here is a student who has a self limiting belief based on totally false information, but it resulted in negative performance. Same goes in this business, if you have self limiting belief even thought they are base on totally false information, they will lead to negative performances.
In the CD, Dr. Harold Newball said some people tell him, “I’m not good at contacting, I’m not good at showing the plan, and I’m not good at sponsoring people”. These are negative believes that are based on totally false information but they will result in negative performance. He said, “Don’t ever let me hear you say stupid things like I’m not good at this, and I’m not good at that again! I want to hear you say empowering things like, I am a sponsoring machine! Everybody I show the plan to gets in! I am a Diamond!

No comments:

Post a Comment


~KLIA~

~KLIA~